Thursday 4 August 2011

3D Ultrasound

So on Monday we had our 3D ultrasound booked. I was so excited to be able to see our little bean, and for T to finally see him/her too! He hasn't been able to come to any of my Dr's appointments or ultrasounds. We arrived right on time, but didn't get in until 30 minutes after my appointment time so I was a little worried they were going to rush our appointment. They didn't however, and the tech was really great she took her time explaining things and pointing stuff out.

It's kind of wild to see your baby before they are born! He/she was moving around like crazy and my placenta was covering the whole head so she kept having to remove it from the picture. Do to those factors the pictures we got weren't as clear as they could've been, and I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed in that. Also, even though we told them that we didn't want to find out the gender, I was secretly hoping to catch a sneak peak of the baby's parts! So I was a little disappointed in that too.  Other than that, it was a great experience and the baby looks great.

Here's a picture of the baby with it's arm above it's head and it's foot/leg by it's face

And this is one of the face, that weird thing at the top right of the head is the placenta

We also got a teddy bear at the appointment, with the baby's heartbeat recorded in it. We gave it to P so she could have something that was hers, from her brother or sister. I just love my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment