Wednesday 15 June 2011

A Positive Focus for Today

I woke up today and decided it would be a good day for a positive post! I'm not feeling particularly bad today, not particularly great either. I started this blog as an honest revelation of my thoughts and emotions each day - that being said; even if I am having a terrible day everyday, who wants to hear about misery all the time! I don't want to sound like a whiner either!

Focus today is my pregnancy! I'm 13 weeks 5 days pregnant today! Morning sickness is almost gone, I'm still nauseous some days and I haven't gotten the balls to come off of my Diclectin yet. I think I'll try on Friday night not to take my meds and see what happens on Saturday morning. For the last two weeks all I've been craving is salad with blue cheese dressing (mouth is watering just writing about it)! Considering how terribly I ate during the first trimester (fast food all the time), this is a welcome change! I also seem to have lost weight since I got pregnant and I really haven't thrown up that much! I'm actually down 5 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight and I wonder if it has anything to do with the depression? (I guess the Dr will answer that for me when I see her July 14th). Other craving is for Olive Garden salad, just tons and tons of it! I think I'll go there for lunch on Saturday on my baby free day!

My first (and probably only) ultrasound will be July 25th, but I'm going to see if I can move the appointment up at all. It's so hard to be patient for these things! I have a strong feeling it's a boy this time, I don't know why I just feel like it's a boy. The only apprehension for me with having a boy is that we can never agree on boys names and didn't have any picked out when P was born! I hope we can come up with something this time around! My ultimatum (spelling?) to hubby is that if he doesn't want to find out the sex this time around, then we have to have a short list of names for a boy before the ultrasound. I'm really excited for what's to come and my belly is getting bigger so that's pretty fun too! I love having the pregnancy "bump".

Tonight is the Stanley Cup Finals and hopefully we'll win the cup, but if we don't I'll just be happy that hockey is over for another year! (Or at least a couple of months). So with that I'll leave you and hopefully be back tomorrow in the same optomistic mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment