Friday 10 June 2011

Today is a new day!

This was my first thought this morning when I woke up. It looked like it was gonna be a nice day, and then of course the clouds rolled in so did the gloom. (What was I expecting? This is the beautiful lower mainland of BC afterall!)

Last night was a really bad night, I cried off an on the whole way from work to daycare to pick up my little one! I actually managed to put together a dinner - although not to much credit here it was just pasta. We even went on a long family walk, still nothing lifted my mood! Didn't help either that my dog jumped right on my uterus and I had cramping all night (something else to worry about).

However; all this complaining about things that have already elapsed and cannot be changed now - as the day goes on it has gotten better! I've been really busy at work today (another cause of my stress and depression), and busy is good! Idle hands make for idle minds (or something like that). Mom called today and is going to take P for a sleepover tonight, very exciting news! Plans are to see a movie with hubby (try and work on the relationship - I hate that everything has an underlying reason these days), and sleeping in tomorrow!

Isn't it funny how you can have such good days and bad days, and they all happen within hours of each other? Depression runs in my family, but until you experience it first hand you never really know how a person is feeling from day to day. It's hard for another person to understand that you can have such a terrible day, and the next day everything (or almost everything) is peachy.

A sidenote about the pregnancy; I've been reading up on depression in pregnancy and am starting to worry about all the things that can happen to the unborn baby. When I had my first maternity appointment last week, my Dr encouraged me to go on anti-depressants. This is something I'm really struggling with as I don't want to take any medications during my pregnancy; however, which is the lesser evil?

No comments:

Post a Comment